I have over 18 years of experience in gynaecology and gynaecological oncology. I thrive to provide a evidence based approach to my practice and that is made easier by my research activities and many national and international presentations, I undertake.
Mr. Nama currently works as a Consultant Gynaecologist and Lead Gyn Oncologist at Croydon University Hospital. Mr. Nama is also an Honorary Consultant at St. George’s Hospital and Royal Marsden Hospital. Mr. Nama is a RCOG accredited sub specialist for Gyn Oncology and leads the Multi disciplinary team at Croydon University Hospital. He participates at the Royal Marsden Multi disciplinary team on a weekly basis.
Cervical Cancer | Ovarian Cancer | Endometrial Cancer | Peritoneal Cancer | Fallopian Tuber Cancer | Vulval Cancer | Irregular Periods | Heavy Periods (Menorrhagia) | Lichen Planus | Lichen Sclerosus | Menstrual Irregularities | Ovarian Cysts | Uterine, vaginal and vulvar disorders | Endometriosis | Fibroids | Menopause
If you are concerned about any gynaecological condition, I will be able to help you. I specialise in gynaecological cancers which has provided me the skill to perform complex operations with ease. I also specialise in cervical smear, vulval conditions and hormone replacement therapy.
Mr. Nama, specializes in Laparoscopic surgery and has performed and continues to perform numerous laparoscopic operations including hysterectomy (removal of womb), myomectomy (removal of fibroids), ovarian cancer staging procedures including omental biopsy and removal of appendix, removal of tubes and ovaries for suspected cancer or high risk of ovarian cancer. He is adept in performing complex operations both by keyhole and via a tummy cut.
Cancer prevention and screening | Endometrial Ablation | Laparoscopy | Colposcopy | Endometrial or Uterine Biopsy | Fibroid Removal | Oophorectomy | Pelviscopy (Pelvic Laparoscopy) | Tubal Ligation | Tubal Surgery | Uterine (artery) Fibroid Embolization (UFE) | Vulvectomy | Cervical (cone) Biopsy | Coil insertion | Hysterectomy | Hysteroscopy | Laparoscopic Hysterectomy | Smear test
Mr Nama could not do enough to support the young lady we care for who has severe learning difficulties. He was very professional and ensured that the young lady received the best care possible while also ensuring that her “best interest “ was paramount at all times. Thank you to Mr Nama and his team for all the help and support to us all.
Just a note to say how much I appreciated your care. You just made a whole difference to my anxiety about my health. May God bless you to continue your committed and dedicated care to all your patients.
I contacted Mr Nama following a recommendation from a friend who works in the NHS and I have been so happy with the entire process. Mr Nama responded to my initial inquiry extremely quickly, The appointment times and locations were very flexible. After our first meeting I was confident I had found an extremely knowledgeable and professional Surgeon. Mr Nama carried out my laparoscopy in September 2017 he visited me before the procedure and answered all my questions with patience and was very attentive. Mr Nama is exceptionally compassionate, caring and always available to answer your needs. Following my procedure Mr Nama kept a close eye on my recovery and continues to support me on my journey. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Nama.
Mr Nama performed a laparoscopic total hysterectomy on me in August 2017. I was back on my feet within two weeks and fully recovered and back to work in 6 weeks. I have the tiniest of scars that no one would ever know that I had, had major surgery. Mr Namas care was second to none both pre and post op. A huge thank you to Mr Nama for giving me back a normal life.
I found Mr Nama very professional, who provided great support from my operation to my after care. He was very supportive and very approachable and thorough in dealing with my questions, and when I was diagnosed with an infection after my operation.
I am extremely delighted with the care and professionalism of Mr Nama pre and post surgery, he showed a genuine interest in the wellbeing of his patient, ensuring I was happy, well informed and comfortable during consultations and procedure. Mr Nama took the time to clearly discuss with me what was to happen every step of the way, always happy to be contacted and answer questions. He ensured I kept under observation post surgery as I wasn't too well and reviewed me prior to discharge to ensure I was ok to go home, even when I was made to feel a burden or that I should be sent home earlier by other staff on ward. I would have no hesitation to recommend the care of Mr Nama to anyone else.
The above gentleman performed my keyhole Hysterectomy (inc Fallopian tubes-cervix-ovaries) on Sat 23rd September 2017. From the first consultation through to my operation and aftercare, Mr Nama was a delight to deal with. His "bedside manner" assurances, and ability to explain procedures were exemplary. All literature, emails and calls were made as promised, which at a very stressful time made a huge difference and was greatly appreciated. My operation was a success, with no complications. My pain was so minimal that I left hospital the following evening and needed no pain relief at all. My scars are completely healed and scarring practically non existent. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Nama to my nearest and dearest. It is just a shame he only specialises in gynaecology, I have a bad shoulder and back!!!!!
Qualifications –Mr Vivek Nama
MBBS, MD, DNB, MRes, MRCOG
- Advanced Skills Module in Menopause Care – Ongoing
- RCOG and GMC accredited Subspeciality training in Gyn Oncology
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology Certification for Colposcopy
- Advanced Training Speciality Module in Gyn Oncology
- Advanced Training Speciality Module in Labour ward
- Masters of Research (MD Res) – St. George’s University of London
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist
- Minor Gynaecological Procedures: Hysteroscopy, removal of polyps under local and general anaesthetic. Colposcopy and Vulvoscopy with smear test and Laser excision of precancerous cells. Endometrial Ablation, Resection of fibroids, endometrium through the cervix.
- Gynaecological Surgery – Complex hysterectomy for previous multiple surgeries, large fibroids, adhesions and severe endometriosis. Myomectomy and resection of large fibroids.
- Gynaecological Cancer Surgery – Surgery for endometrial, ovarian, cervical and vulval cancers.
- Advanced Laparoscopic surgery including Hysterectomy, Treatment of Endometriosis, removal of tubes and ovaries, myomectomy (removal of fibroids) and tubal recanalization.
- Screening for gynaecological cancers – Hysteroscopy and biopsy for bleeding after menopause, Colposcopy and treatment of precancerous lesions of the cervix, laparoscopy for elevated CA125. Vulvoscopy for precancerous lesions of the vulva and vagina.
- Menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy